Citroen WRC boss disappointed with Kimi Raikkonen's rally progress

sato(satohonda)

2011/08/23 09:15:20

發文

#3645632 IP 92.142.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
By David Evans

Citroen team principal Olivier Quesnel says Kimi Raikkonen still has work to do before he can cut it at the front of the World Rally Championship.

The Finn is now in his second season in the WRC, although he is tackling a reduced programme as a private driver this season. But Quesnel admitted the Finn's speed was not what had been expected.

When asked what he thought of Raikkonen's performance so far this year, Quesnel replied: "I think he must be a little bit disappointed. The day he will have the click I think he could be faster. But he didn't have the click yet. Maybe he will have it one day but which day? I cannot tell you."

Raikkonen feels his speed is improving. The 2007 Formula 1 world champion said: "We have improved a lot, it [rally speed] feels normal sometimes. But we have to improve again and that's what we're going to be looking for [on this week's Rally Finland].

This week's Jyvaskyla-based WRC qualifier is the event on which the Finn has the most experience, having competed on the rally twice previously.

"I know some of the stages now," Raikkonen added. "But tomorrow is all new and that will be difficult again."

Raikkonen admitted that, beyond the WRC this season, he still has no plans for 2012. He also talked for the first time about not taking part in any motorsport.

"We haven't really given a thought to what's going to happen next year... if we're going to do anything at all," he said.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93427

則留言

熱門新聞
2024年「U-CAR電動風雲車票選」開跑,囊括40款現行販售的純電車型、31款純電期待新車,讓您親身參與投票電動風雲車。
Mercedes-Benz打造Fun電星樂園於高雄、台北展開,提供完整純電車款試駕體驗精選人氣美食、限量質感品牌手作小物。